If you’re interested in commissioning a new piece of music, I’d be happy to talk with you about it. It could be a choral anthem or larger choral work, a song cycle, piano or organ arrangements, a work for orchestra, or other ensemble.
Let me know what your desired time frame is, voicing (choral), ensemble type (instrumental), or solo work, difficulty level, style, and dedication. We can discuss text if it is a choral/vocal work. When we’ve come to a mutual understanding, we’ll sign a letter of agreement spelling out the details of the commission which usually requires a down payment to begin the work. Use the “Contact” tab to contact me and I’ll respond to your email promptly.
Recent and upcoming commissions include:
- Carol Sing! Medley of familiar carols for chorus and full orchestra for the 2014 Holiday Concert at the University of Colorado. Premiered December 2014.
- A Christmas Work for Brass Choir and Percussion for the 2015 Holiday Concert at the University of Colorado. Premier: December 2015.
- A Christmas Work for Choir and Full Orchestra for the 2016 New York Festival Holiday Concert for premier in Carnegie Hall and sponsored by Sechrist Travel. Premier: Thanksgiving 2016.
- A Choral Anthem in honor of Jean Romig, Director of Music, Trinity Lutheran Church, Leavenworth, KS for her service to the church upon her retirement. Premiere: August 2015.
- Sim Shalom, a choral work for the 75th Anniversary of the Celebration Singers (Community Choir) of New Jersey. Premiere: March 2014.